1. Why is Breath 7 only for sleep time?
2. What is Prāna?
3. Can we really wake up from the long sleep of death?
1. This is a special practice which is most effective if done while you are waiting for sleep to come. This is perhaps the most powerful moment of the day – as you prepare to die. Each sleep is a small death from which we are reborn. As you prepare to fall into sleep, your eyes automatically gravitate towards your Third Eye, the power centre between your eyebrows. If you follow these instructions, you can become not only Master of your Dreams but also Master of Death!
2. We breathe in Air which is, as Science tells us, composed of the vital gases we need to survive on Planet Earth. But it also contains an element of magic which allows us to be vital and to breathe without effort or even consciousness. Prāna is energy from the Cosmos which created you. It is invisible and unmeasurable by the crude mechanisms of Science, but it is your Divine link with the Universe. Shiva’s special way of breathing and thinking about breath connects you with the Universe!
3. Human Beings are energy manifested in flesh and blood. Your origin is spirit, energy, and energy can never be destroyed. It exists eternally. Remember that ‘time’ and ‘space’ are intellectual concepts not reality! Be assured you will always exist and so Shiva teaches you how to live in that special way!! You are in the world of form in order to contribute to the balance of the whole cosmos before you return to the invisible world.
Please visit the series to catch up with today! If you seriously want to make bonds with the Universe, this is a progression, not something you can just dip into! The 9 breaths are published consecutively so they are easy to find here in Nirvana Linden. You can also find them at Niume.com – urls below.
Introduction – https://niume.com/post/264747
Breath 1 – https://niume.com/post/265632
Breath 2 – https://niume.com/post/266432
Breath 3 – https://niume.com/post/267922
Breath 4 – https://niume.com/post/268886
Breath 5 – https://niume.com/post/269810
Breath 6 – https://niume.com/post/271614
Breath 7 – https://niume.com/post/272641
Important points from Breath 7:
* We are going to deeper and deeper levels with each breath. Think of an onion: the peripheral skins and the tender core!
*There are many ways to use your breath in any situation you may find yourself in. You don’t have to go on retreat to a monastery. Daily life is the best spiritual training place of all!
*Prāna is magical. It is contained in each breath if you are devoted sufficiently to it. Attention is exclusive! Awareness is inclusive!
*If you become Master of your Dreams with Breath 7, there will be no more dreams because reality and dreaming will become one!
*We can choose to be either a victim of life or a Master!
*Death is a vital part of life. So embrace it each night as you sleep. It leads to the next stage of spiritual evolution!
Shiva’s 8th breath requires your utmost devotion.
So far, you have developed a scientific approach to Shiva’s 9 breaths. But now it’s time for you to know the knower!
You may be able to be devoted to a Christ or Krishna, an Einstein or Pythagoras, a Descartes or Renoir. But Shiva demands now that you are devoted to yourself.
Your body is a Divine temple which you have been invited to inhabit during your human stay. It is sacred and holy. And you are not alone in it – the Divine is there too.
Therefore, treat your body form as the abode of the Divine.
Each intake of breath – the down (in) breath – is received, not only by ‘your’ body but by the Divine.
Each output of breath – the up (out) breath – is witnessed, not only by ‘your’ body but by the Divine.
Each turn of the breath – at the bottom and top of the circle – is experienced, not only by ‘your’ body but also by the Divine.
Do everything in your ‘man-moments’ and in ‘man-space’ with the Divine and as the Divine.
There is no separation!
You are the Divine!
“With UTMOST devotion, centre on the two junctions of breath and KNOW the KNOWER”
You may consider ‘yourself’ to have a scientific mind, but be certain that science is nothing, is incomplete, without the Knower! And who is ‘you?’ It is only a mundane creation of ephemeral Mind!
This is another opportunity to glimpse the tricky interfering Mind and turn away from it.
It limits you!
It generates fear!
Your TRUE NATURE is unlimited and utterly fearless.
Inspiration: Dwell on the notion of the Divine during the day! It is a glorious truth that we are each Divine and each unique, but we are in the process of becoming Divine once more during our training in human form. Interfering Mind will throw a spanner in that naturally turning wheel if you are not mindful.
Surely you want to live in a divine way in your divine body?
Wonderful images courtesy of Linden Thorp and megapixyl.com
See you tomorrow for Breath 9, the final Breath!
But don’t worry, I’m going to publish each breath again in the following days so that you get a second chance at uncovering your True Nature and becoming Divine once more!